As a leading designer and manufacturer of centrifugal pumps with over 140 years of experience, SPP has a well-earned reputation for the supply of high-quality pumps and pumping solutions worldwide. In a bid to further support our valued customers in the UK & Ireland, SPP has expanded their product portfolio with the addition of Pleuger Industries range of submersible pumps. The addition of submersible pumps to SPP’s portfolio enables us to offer a comprehensive range of centrifugal pumps, covering almost every application, providing value and support to our customers and the wider water, general industry, and mining markets.
The Pleuger Range
Pleuger Industries are an historic manufacturer with an outstanding reputation for their high-quality submersible pumps, the high standards set by Pleuger Industry align with the high standards SPP demand of our own products.
With sizes ranging from 4” to 50” Pleuger Industries’ submersible borehole pump feature a variety of radial, semi-axial and axial impeller hydraulics and can achieve flow ranges of 1 m3h – 7000 m3h and a discharge head range of 2m – 700m. These pumps feature water-filled asynchronous motors (synchronous permanent magnet motors available on request) as standard and are available in a wide variety of materials, including cast iron, bronze, NiAlBz, 316 stainless steel and super duplex stainless steel. In addition to the standard borehole pump configuration, Pleuger Industries offer several other designs to cover an even broader range of applications:
- Bottom Intake pump – The motor is arranged above the pump in a special bypass shroud with the pump intake being located at the bottom end of the unit. This makes this pump especially suited to low water level applications, amongst others
- Booster Pump – The unit is arranged in a booster shroud and can be orientated either horizontally or vertically within a pumping system, depending on the application. This product offers a good alternative to more conventional pumping systems where either space-saving or IP67 rating or higher is required
- Flood Pump – This pump features an axial impeller hydraulic and is designed to pump large volumes of water at low heads. This range of pump can achieve flows of up to 20,000 m3h as standard, or higher on request.
With newly developed hydraulic designs for the 6” & 8” range of submersible borehole pump, Pleuger Industries adds another milestone in a successful storyline dating back over 90 years.
- Increased efficiencies up to 85%
- Stable and flat efficiency curve between 20 m3h and 150 m3h, exhibiting high efficiency for a wide range of operation
- Simplified product range, resulting in improved inventory and shorter lead times